Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oakley's Daily Fight

JDRF has a Walk to Cure Diabetes every year and this year because of my surgery we aren't going to attend, but we still wanted to share the video that we made back before we knew what we were going to do. We don't expect anyone to donate money right now because we know that times are extremely tough, we just want to make people aware of what our sweet 9 year old deals with on a daily basis. We thank all of you for all your love and support. We have had an interesting 3 1/2 years with this disease and look forward to the day....maybe not in this life....that we no longer have this as a trial. Oakley is one of the lucky ones that understands that there WILL be a life after this one that she won't have diabetes and we count that as a blessing. She is so strong and is constantly amazing us!
*The pictures in the video are fuzzy - sorry
- they weren't that way on my computer when we uploaded it!:(

4 comments:

Nanette said...

I just watched this in the email you sent and I just cried and cried. It is so very touching and knowing that strong little girl personally makes it all the more so. She is such a light!
How I ache for all of you!
How wonderful to know that these imperfect bodies will one day be perfect. She is such a testimony of that!

Jenny said...

I watched too. Well done.

Jess said...

The video was very touching. I am very humbled by Oakley and those who fight this battle every moment of every day of their lives. She is so strong and capable. Your whole family is a testimony builder to me.

Arfmann Family said...

Beautiful video Nat. Oakley has so much courage and is so strong to go through what she does. We love you guys!