
Yesterday, November 7, my big boy
Dallin turned 7.
Dallin got the nickname "Big D" when Rhett was 2 and insisted on being called
Dallin. So, to tell the two apart we had
Dallin (Rhett) and Big D (
Dallin). The nickname has now turned into just "D."
Dallin is one of my very best helpers. He whines sometimes about why he
has to do everything, and I just remind him that it is because he is so fast at doing it!!
Dallin was my only surprise delivery. I had to be started with all 4 deliveries because I couldn't go into labor on my own.
Dallin was scheduled for November 8
th and at about 3:30 pm on November 7 I got a phone call from my Doc. He said the hospital was overbooked for the next morning but if I was there by 5 today he could start me. I actually got to feel what some ladies feel going into labor. I hit panic having to make early arrangements for Oakley and
hurrying to pack my bag and tracking down my husband. Ryan was still in college at this time so I called his cell phone but he didn't answer - thinking that baby was coming tomorrow so no worries. I called again....no answer. Finally I had to call one of the college's main numbers and they sent campus police to pull Ryan out of class. (How embarrassing!) By 11 pm though, we had handsome man
Dallin weighing a
whopin' 9 lbs. 2 oz.
Dallin has been so sick over the past few weeks that it was nice to have something fun and exciting just for him. He has been counting down the days until he could get the long awaited........pocketknife!! He had a fun birthday and it was so nice having it on a Saturday so they had all day to play. We are so blessed to have Dallin in our home and love watching him grow!
3 comments:
Birthdays are my favorite. I cannot believe he is 7! Where has the time gone Natalie? Where?
Pull out and read the Pat McManus "Christmas Hatchet" story to get a feel for the path the pocket knife will take. :) I'm glad he was feeling better for his birthday!
He's no longer a little boy, he is so grown up now! I'm sorry to hear about the sickness in your home. I hope everyone gets healthy soon!!
Post a Comment