Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dare Graduation

Oakley has done the DARE (Drug Awareness) program at school this year and last night was her DARE Graduation. Of course, the sweet school sent a note MONDAY NIGHT that said graduation was TUESDAY NIGHT at 7 PM. I was NOT HAPPY because we had already planned to have mutual AT MY HOUSE at the exact same time. A LITTLE MORE NOTICE WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE. So, it broke my heart that I didn't get to go to my sweet little girls DARE Graduation. It was a good Daddy/Daughter date night though. Ryan stepped-up to the plate and took her. He even took pictures as instructed by me......not so good of pictures, but pictures none the less! Fuzzy Oakley (she must have been speeding past) shaking the DARE Mascots hand. I didn't even know they had a DARE Mascot until she came home yesterday with her Dare shirt and a Lion-type guy on it. Oakley did say, "Mom, we had to shake like a million people's hands!" :) Fuzzy Oakley (once again) shaking the Principal's hand and her teacher Mr. Stones (whom we really like) up next.
What graduation would be complete without a song? This graduation had a "We will Rock You" Song but the words were changed to a "We will DARE You!" Wish I could have heard it to tell you how it went!:) I am sure it was super cute!
We are proud of Oakley for deciding NOW that she won't ever do drugs!!
DRUG FREE IS THE WAY TO BE!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Oh I LOVED the DARE program when I was little! I am so glad they still do it and that Oakley got a cool graduation. She really is growing up!

Jenny said...

My kids have all liked DARE too.