Friday we grabbed the kids early from school and braved the slick roads and headed to Utah. We dropped the kids off at my sister Jenny's house (Thanks again Jenny) to play with their cousins for the night....which they LOVED! Then Ryan and I headed off to the Jazz game. (No pictures of either....I forgot my camera...bummer)
The next day we decided to meet up with some of our close friends that recently moved to Utah. We met at Cabela's and tried out the giant chair.....

(pictures from Ry's phone...sorry, not best quality!) And the lounger....

Then after a quick lunch we headed to a huge dinosaur museum. The kids LOVED all of it. The dinosaurs were HUGE!!

The kids had a great time not only being at the museum, but seeing their friends again!

There was this cool kinda indoor water/sand box for the kids to play in. They put on these handy black aprons to stay dry and then went to building islands for the dinosaurs.

Even the big girls had a great time with this!

The museum also had a fossil brushing site. The kids took off their shoes and dug in. They each took a paint brush and dug through the sand to find fossils and then brushed them off just like the professionals!

SO FUN! Thanks Arfmann family for being some GREAT entertainment!

We then finished the day at IKEA.....OH MY WORD....it was HUGE! If Hollie hadn't been there to show us the way out we may have had to find one of their cozy beds for the night. After marching through their gigantic store the kids were exhausted and 3 of the 4 slept the WHOLE WAY HOME. Rhett announced once we got home that the ride home from Utah wasn't as long as the ride to Utah....that's what happens when we sleep from pure exhaustion! :)
4 comments:
So glad you guys came. Ava already informed me that she can't remember what Laiklie's voice sounds like so we need to go back to Idaho. I told her we are headed there in a week, so we will be calling you! Thanks again for a fun day!
Oh man, we LOVE Ikea but it is an event to go there. We have to plan our whole day around it. I am so glad you got in a little mini vacation-always good for the winter cabin fever that sets in.
We have been to a similar place. I swear I was cleaning sand out of my washer for weeks! IKEA! I think everyone gets lost their first time! Glad you enjoyed the weekend.
Fun to see the pictures of your kids at the museum! We love that place!
Post a Comment