A few other things about Laiklie lately. About a month ago she told me she needed a hair cut. She wanted short hair like her best friend Ava. She kept telling me she needed it short so it wouldn't get in her eyes.....I kept telling her that if it was short like Ava's it would always be in her eyes because it is too short for a ponytail. So, we made a compromise. I cut about 4 or so inches off the bottom so it was quite a bit shorter, but still long enough to pull out of her eyes. :) She loves the new do and talks about it quite often. Laiklie is also going through a funny phase where she no longer wants to be called Laiklie....at home she is RAPUNZEL! There are alot of times that if I ask "Laiklie" to do something she very quickly reminds me that she is RAPUNZEL! She wears this 14 foot piece of tulle around that my kids have tied together from all my scrap tulle to make her super long Rapunzel hair. She also has a Rapunzel princess dress that my mom bought at a yardsale....it is just a ruffly princess dress and she is sure it is her Rapunzel dress. She is so much fun and we all just eat it up! What a sweet girl.
She did say 2 funny things on her bday that I want to remember. After the whole day was over and all bday presents were opened and had been played with she tells me, "mom, dis is da best birday ever! But....what I really wanted was a real phone!" WHAT?? She is 5! She has also been asking when she can get her ears pierced and we keep telling her when she is 6, so on her bday she says, "now i am 5 and preddy soon I get my ears pierced." I keep thinking I am barely surviving knowing that my baby is 5 and she is already ready to be 6. AH!!
Happy birthday baby girl!





2 comments:
She is a fire cracker! Happy Birthday Baby Doll!
We did not forget her bday and we have a gift. we had to be out of town for a wedding for a million days, but we are going to come over one of these days after kindergarten...Looks like she had a fun day!
Post a Comment