Friday, November 4, 2011

2011 Halloween

This is the family tradition of painting the straw bale pumpkin at grandma's house. This is actually halloween day....the day we painted the pumpkin it started to rain!
Pumpkin Carving....what a ooey, gooey mess!

And here are the finished Jack-o-lanterns. They LOVE this part of Halloween!! Dallin's pumpkin this year was HUGE! We weighed it before he started and it was a whoopin 40 lbs. I carried it outside when he was finished and I don't think it lost a lot of weight being cleaned out. Here's a big shout out to Uncle Jason for the super large pumpkin!

This year we hit the ward trunk-or-treat Monday evening and then headed into Grandma and Grandpa Murdocks for a little visit. They LOVE having the kids come see them. It makes their day!

Oakley was a lego, Laiklie a pirate princess (from Jake and the Neverland Pirates cartoon), Rhett was a penguin and Dallin a hunter. We came home with the mother-load of candy, like every other year. Super fun!!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

So glad you went to visit Grams and Gramps! Your kids always have great costumes...I could almost swear Dallin was a hunter. :)

Jenny said...

The kids look great! Glad you took them to see gram and grampa, I'll bet they loved seeing them!