Monday, January 30, 2012

Pinewood Derby

This was Dallin's first pinewood derby. He was super excited and I was excited that his dad actually was on the ball this time and had the car "mostly" finished a day or two before the actual derby. They decided to go with camo this time. I tried to get them to let me spray it with varnish but was told that "camo isn't shiny!" DUH! This is what Dallin looks like when his dad is incharge of getting him to pack meeting. Yes, he needs his hair combed and he is missing his scout shirt. :( I wish I would have paid a little more attention when they told me they were going to weigh in. Guess I learned for next year!:)
Dallin is on the far left. He won some and lost some....which is PERFECT!! I am happy when all pinewood derby contestants are happy. It was a good night with alot of smiles from the boys!

Here he is watching the finish line pretty closely! Ha, ha! These cute scouts make me laugh. I especially loved the little arm pumps when they won a race. So cute!!

And here they are with their ribbons and cars. It was a great 1st derby!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Oh the derby! So fun!!!! I love that they win and lose in the same night too-its such a good balance. :)

Jenny said...

Dallin is looking just right to be a cub scout. :)