New year.....same competition! I know every year we have the same Lagoon post, but WE LOVE IT!!
This is Brooklyn and Oakley lining up to do their duet. Oakley came home with 8 FIRST PLACES!! She got one in each of her 5 solos, her duet and their 2 team dances. They were AMAZING!! It was new this year that we had to dance both friday and saturday. Oakley, Laiklie and I headed down friday morning and she danced her duet and solos that day. That night Ryan's mom Linn and the boys came down and we swam at the hotel and then got up early to be at Lagoon to dance by 9 am. Oakley's team dance saturday morning was the 1st one on the stage. They were the PERFECT start for the day! They are such good dancers!! We were done by 9:30 and rides opened at 10. PERFECT!!!
This is the corner of Oakley's face, the back of Dallin, and Rhett and Laiklie.
I know I look confused in this picture! :) It is the only one with me and kids in it that got taken that day and I was hurrying to try and get it taken and camera away before the seat belt checker lady came by and told me to put it away. Ha, ha!
This is the girls getting off the airplane ride. Oakley and I didn't love these airplanes. We rode some INSANE rides that day...funny that the dumb airplanes about made us sick and the big rides didn't bother us!
This is Linn and the boys on the SPACE SCRAMBLER. The space scrambler is SERIOUSLY my FAVORITE ride. I could ride it over and over ALL DAY LONG!!
We had a blast and it was even better that Oakley and her team did so well at Nationals. I am so proud of her. She has worked VERY HARD this year. Her teacher told me the other day that the improvement that she made in the two weeks between the 1st competition and the 2nd competition was INCREDIBLE. Her teacher commented on what a great little dancer she has become. Sure love you Oakley! So proud of all your hard work!! Once again IT PAID OFF!!





1 comment:
Great work, Oakley! Nice pictures of you and the kids, Natalie--always good to see you all!
Post a Comment