Sunday, September 9, 2012

Why I Eat Dry Toast

I LOVE my Sunday nap. I look forward to it ALL WEEK! I missed it SO MUCH when I had little babies and now ENJOY it more than ever.  I LOVE cuddling with my sweet man for just a couple hours each Sunday afternoon as the start to the next week.  So.....today....Sunday...as I cuddled in for the much needed, much loved Sunday afternoon nap I was not only a little annoyed, but also a little mad at my children that kept coming in needing my attention.  I was finally drifting off when my 5 year old Laiklie walked in with this.
 Dry toast and a glass of chocolate milk (which she actually made with milk this time...much better than the water she made it with the past two times :) and a sweet offer to give me a foot massage.  I placed the dry toast and choc milk on my dresser and told her later I would get a foot massage and then kicked her out of my room.  THEN.....words from a man MUCH, MUCH WISER than I came to my mind....
“Am I committing my time and energies to the things that matter most?” There are so many good things to do, but we can’t do all of them. Our Heavenly Father is most pleased when we sacrifice something good for something far greater with an eternal perspective." (Elder Uchtdorf)
So, without a moments hesitation out of my bed I came with toast and choc milk in hand and went out for my sweet baby girls foot massage offer!

I gave up something I LOVE for something
 I LOVE SO MUCH MORE!
Thanks for spending the afternoon with your mommy little Laiklie! I love you!