Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Rhett's New Room

On Monday morning I sent the kids out to get on the bus after a SUPER FUN week of spring break and as Rhett got to the gate and he saw that bus stopping he turned around and flew back into the house in a mess of tears.  He just couldn't do it.  Rhett REALLY STRUGGLES getting back into a routine after he has gotten out of it.  Especially one like school that he doesn't really love anyway.  So I drove him to school in tears and I said a little prayer with him in the parking lot and sent him in the door with the promise of a "surprise" when he got home. (I know bribery is NOT always the answer, but it was all I had to work with that morning.:)
That day I had to run to Pocatello for Oakley's diabetic supplies and hit the Goodwill while I was there.  I found this super cute stripy bedspread that gave me the idea of Rhett's surprise being a redecorated bedroom.  He had been begging for one for over a year now.  I didn't know what I was going to do with the bedspread because I made Rhett a levi quilt for Christmas that he LOVES on his bed......but I knew it was the colors I wanted.
 Rhett's room before.  I had already taken down the cream curtains before I took the picture.  I decided to make the stripy bedspread into curtains and a bodypillow size pillowcase.  I think all turned out SUPER CUTE!  I also decided to paint stripes on the main wall.
After
Rhett LOVES anything like maps, globes, google earth, etc....so when I saw this set of Continents I knew he would LOVE it up on his wall.  We still have a few temple pictures to hang up on one wall and maybe a shelf to spray paint and I REALLY want to get a few of those giant size airplanes to hang from the ceiling or put up on the wall...but the main part is finished and he is happy with it and he has made it to school 3 days in a row so far WITHOUT tears so it is TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

No comments: