Sunday, December 8, 2013

Priesthood Preview

Tonight was the Priesthood Preview.  I have been to a Priesthood Preview before.  I was a counselor in a primary presidency and then a primary president and so I have actually been to several Priesthood Previews before, BUT.....
never with this guy sitting by my side.
Tonight was DALLIN'S PRIESTHOOD PREVIEW! I can hardly believe he is big enough to receive the priesthood this next year.  Is he ready? Not quiet, but he will be.  Dallin is INCREDIBLE! He amazes me every day.  He has a strong desire to do what is right.  He wants to and tries very hard to be obedient to not only his parents, but his Heavenly Father as well.  He is a great example of hard work and kindness in our home.  He will be a GREAT priesthood holder.  I got teary eyed several times tonight (especially as he joined the other 3 boys in singing A Young Man Prepared!) thinking about how fast he is growing.  I remember the stubborn little boy who would only wear wranglers and wouldn't leave the house without his cowboy hat.  He use to tell people he was going to be "tres" (three in Spanish) years old at his birthday.  It seems just like yesterday.  Tonight they talked about these boys going on missions and I looked at my boy sitting next to me......and he winked at his momma.....and I thought HOW WILL I EVER SEND HIM?? I pray everyday that I am preparing him not only to be worthy of the priesthood he will soon receive, but also to be worthy to serve a mission for the Lord.  I sure love this kid and I know before I am ready the time will come to send him on that mission and I will be as proud of him then as I was tonight sitting there in the primary room with him eager to get the priesthood.  I sure love you Dallin!

1 comment:

Nanette said...

I have just done some major catching up on your blog-I have missed it! I still can't get over how much your kids have grown and how amazing you are! Love you!!!