It is HARVEST TIME at the Hawkins farm. What a crazy busy time of year! We have had a crazy harvest this year because of all the rain. We had rain straight for a week. We had prayers answered though and were able to get our hay cut, baled and hauled before the storm came. We watched neighbors hay mold in the field and it just made us sick. We have had to work on cutting grain around the rain as well.
We finally had a beautiful day the other day and used it to move some of last years grain from one bin to another. During harvest time and on days like this everybody is needed and everybody has a job.
Including these 3! I absolutely LOVE that they squished in the tractor together to keep each other company as they worked.
If you look really close you can see all 3 little heads bobbing in the tractor!
The farm life is OUR LIFE! LOVE IT!
Like I said, during harvest everybody has a job....including this little guy. You can tell he was BORED OUT OF HIS MIND having to watch the grain and auger. It is SO GOOD for them though!
Can you see Dale up there? These guys scare me to death. Rhett was BEGGING to please climb up there and help Dale. NO STINKING WAY!
I am SO VERY GRATEFUL for Dale. What a blessing to have him to farm alongside Ryan. We couldn't ask for a better partner in all of this. Family is definitely a blessing.
Then off to the field to cut! They are working from sun up til sun down trying to get it finished. It makes for some very long days!
And did I mention.....that this guy is my very favorite?! I sure love Ryan and how hard he works to support our family. I have a love/hate relationship with being a farmers wife.....but if I had to choose all over again I would STILL CHOOSE THIS AND STILL CHOOSE HIM!





No comments:
Post a Comment