Drama Club 2019 was another successful year! This is Laiklie's last year of drama club and I have committed to helping one more year then I will be finished as well. We did Lion King Jr. for the show this time and we had a great turn out. The kids worked SO HARD and did an amazing job! We had some great little voices and the costumes and animals were amazing! Laiklie got to be Sarabi, Simba's mom and Mufasa's wife. She is the tallest kid in the entire elementary so she towered over Mufasa. Hahaha! No big deal! Most of the girls towered over the boys in the play. It's just the age for that. Laiklie did great on her lines and loved spending Wednesdays with her friends at drama club.
The week of the play is probably my most stressful week every year. I don't sleep, I am constantly going over all the little details and the songs are never ending running through my head. Being a co-director of 75 kids and trying to put on 4 successful shows is CRAZY to say the least. I am the backstage lady that makes sure sets and kids are where they are suppose to be. I run the lights and the curtains and crowd control. It is always high stress.....but it always turns out amazing. Such a great feeling to be a part of something that affects so many little lives in such a positive way. I'm so blessed!







No comments:
Post a Comment