Monday, June 24, 2019

Summertime Pets

I'm not sure if I posted about this already of not, but a few weeks ago while I was in town I got a call from the boys. I had left them home to mow the lawn and their call was to tell me that they had found 2 kittens under the propane tank. I told them to leave them there so their mom could find them and Dallin announced to me that they were going to be their new moms. 😂😂 Once I got home and saw the size of them we decided they were big enough that the mom probably kicked them off so we decided the boys could keep them. Diesel doesn't do well with kittens so we know this can end bad, but after several weeks in the garage we have been able to move them outside without Diesel bothering them too much. Rhett named this black fuzzy thing Cake (always food names....such a weird kid!) and they named Dallin's kitten Pissy because it was more wild than the other and constantly hissing at them. Luckily it has decided it likes us and has stopped hissing at us all the time. 

Then.....just earlier this week Dallin, Rhett and Laiklie were zipping around on the 4-wheeler busy with some sort of project when Dallin came and announced to me they were going to go get 4 bunnies from a friend of his. What?!?! These crazy kids! It didn't look like I had much say in the matter since they had already finished a bunny cage for them. 😉 They are white with red eyes....which are definitely not my favorite, but the kids are loving having them. So my plan is to keep them for the summer (or until they have babies, because we all know they will definitely have babies!) and then give them away as quick as possible. :) I love that my kids love this crazy farm life, even if we are farmers to kittens and rabbits. Lol!

No comments: