Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Charles and Bessie Hawkins Reunion

Ryan and I made a quick trip on the weekend of June 26-27 to a tiny town called Donnelly, Idaho for his Charles and Bessie Hawkins family reunion. Charles and Bessie are Ryan's great grandparents. His dad, mom and sister Katie's family were able to go too. His Aunt Roma was there as well. Ryan was able to see a couple of his great uncles that he hadn't seen in years and meet several of his dad's cousins. We were only there for the day, but had a great time visiting and eating lunch with the family. Stan and his sister are the only LDS members of the family so it was interesting to attend a reunion where they didn't pray over the food. There was one relative there that had had a couple beers at least before lunch. :) Definitely different then what we are used to. It was so fun to hear all the stories of Ryan's grandpa Chuck that his dad had learned from the family the night before we got there. I loved the way they did the posters for each family showing their decedents. I'm always grateful for opportunities to learn more about those who came before us. I'm glad Ryan and I made the quick trip. 

 

No comments: