Tuesday, May 9, 2023

ER Visit

On the night of April 28th (with a house full of wedding guests - 12 extra people I had just sent to bed) at 11pm I got a text from one of Laiklie’s friends that Laiklie was passing out so they were bringing her home. They had just been watching movies. When the friend pulled up, Ryan and I went out to get her. Her legs weren’t working and her whole body was weak enough that it took both of us to very awkwardly carry her in. We set her on the couch and she started to cry (she’s never cried with an episode). She kept saying my whole body hurts. She was complaining mostly of chest pain. Pretty soon she closed her eyes and stared gasping for air. She did that, along with passing out over and over again for the next 30 mins. I couldn’t get her to even open her eyes for me. I finally told Ryan we had to run her to the ER. It took Rhett, Ryan and I to get her loaded in the car. She continued to be in and out and gasp for air the entire ride there and for a good 20 mins after we got there before she FINALLY started to come out of it. SO SCARY!! When she started to come out of it she had a lot of brain fog. She couldn’t tell the nurse her last name even. 
They ran lots of tests. X-rays, EKG, CT scan and pumped dye through her chest. After hours of waiting everything came back normal and they sent us home. We climbed into our beds at 3:45 am. We had cousin Ethan’s wedding the next day, along with a ward funeral luncheon I was incharge of. We were all running on empty after a long night. 
The pediatric cardiologist has since called us. They are wanting to start her on a prescription they use for POTS syndrome patients. We’re praying it helps! 



No comments: