Sunday, February 11, 2024

2nd Club Tourney

In February Laiklie had her second club volleyball tournament in Logan, Utah. Her team played so well Friday night. They didn’t lose a single game. Her uncle Jody, and Aunt Arnica came to watch her. It was so fun having them there. As soon as we finish the last game as she came over to the chairs, she told me she didn’t feel well. I could see her legs were starting to shake. She has not had a bad POTS episode since July so I was hopeful she would be OK. She ended up passing out several times. Her legs didn’t go completely dead, but they definitely weren’t working right. It took her sweet uncle Jody, and one of the team dad’s to get her out to the road. I got stuck in the parking garage trying to get out with all of the traffic. By the time I got down to the road, she was able to walk herself out to the car. When she climbed in the first thing she said to me was, “people are so nice mom!” And she’s absolutely right! We have been so blessed to have great people surrounding us just when we need help with these episodes. 

No comments: