For those of you who don't know I was released about 3 week ago from my job of being the primary president. The release was something I struggled with more than I thought I would just because like with every release there are alot of mixed emotions. I was definitely ready for something new, but actually leaving and turning it over to someone else was difficult. Today I sat in Relief Society for the first time in almost 8 years and I couldn't help think of the song from Sesame Street that goes "One of these things just doesn't belong here!!!" It was actually very enjoyable, I just couldn't help but think of my 4 little kids up in primary without me. They loved their new teachers and new classes and I felt like I had missed out on it...BUT I did get a new calling today and I am SO excited. I am going to be the assistant Achievement Days leader. It is something that is fun and much more simple - which is what I was going for - and I still get to interact with the primary girls that I have learned to love. So, I am excited to start something new and leave the old behind. Plus, I am sure each week of Relief Society will just get better and better.:)
3 comments:
Hey sis, I'm glad to hear you're excited about your new calling. Will you get to work with Oakley? I am the new RS secretary. I'm looking forward to a year of Joseph Smith lessons.
Congrats on the new calling! A drastic change.
I love RS, as you know and I'm so glad you're the achievement day ladya. Thanks for keeping Preslie for me too.
Hollie
Post a Comment