Friday, May 8, 2009

Sore Backs!

So, anyone that knows me knows that I am VERY TIGHT when it comes to spending money on things we don't NEED. So, I about fell off my rocker last night when Ry showed up at 7 pm insistent that we NEED a new bed. He has mentioned it a couple times over the last week, but I LOVE - LOVE - LOVE my bed and didn't think he was serious. Anyway - HE WAS! So, we dropped the kids off at 7:30 at grandmas (thank you AGAIN grandma) and went to the only bed store still open. Ry had looked on the Internet and found what is suppose to be an "Excellent" bed for back problems and they were the only ones who carried it!:) So, he tried it and several others out...I attempted to try them out, but they all feel the same to me. I am a bed idiot I guess. Ryan decides as he is looking that he needs to downsize from a California King to a Queen. Ry is funny in that he was adamant that he have the bed to sleep in THAT NIGHT. So, they strap the bed and box springs to the top of my suburban. If any of you have ever lived here you know that it is an everyday thing that we have 40 - 60 mph winds...which we did yesterday. I just knew my little suburban was going to either take flight with the bed on top, or that the BRAND NEW bed was going to fly off and get roadrash. (This has happened to me and Ry before. We moved my bed when we were engaged to our going-to-be apartment and it got BAD roadrash. Funny story!!) Anyway, after a quick stop at Wal-mart to get sheets for a new Queen bed we finally made it home, got kids to bed, hauled old bed downstairs and new bed in and finally around 11 pm were ready to try it out.
It was hard to tell if it helped his back or not because both out backs hurt so bad by the time we went to bed from all the moving. I had a rough night because everytime I would move I felt like I was falling off the bed. I couldn't believe how much smaller it is than our old one. I guess we will see in a few weeks how we feel about it.:)

4 comments:

Nanette said...

We had a Queen when we got married but when I got pregnant and huge, I demanded a new bed and it had to be a king! Funny that you guys downsized. I hope it works out for you.

Heather said...

I can't believe he wanted a smaller bed. Doug sleeps in the middle of our Queen and I would love a bigger one so I could eek out a few more inches. The things our husbands get us into, right? I hope your feeling better!

Bobbi said...

I can't believe you went from a King to a Queen. Aaron and I always joke if there were something bigger than a King we'd have it. I hope it works for him (and you!).

Jenny said...

I am laughing, but I feel the pain. Nathan insisted on not one, but two new beds in relatively rapid succession for his back. We do love the one we have now, but it has no interior springs, it is basically a massive foam. So, it took two home teachers, Nathan and Jacob and a rope to shove the thing up my stairs! It looked like a baby elephant from behind.