
Today was Rhett's first day of Preschool. This year for preschool I decided to join some other ladies in doing a "mommy preschool" where the mom's take turns teaching. The preschool teacher I used for my other two kids has retired and the other preschools around me were either full or I wasn't very impressed with them. I struggled driving him to town and the $75 price tag that came with an in-town preschool. I am excited to be a part of what he is learning this year but still have the opportunity for him to learn from other ladies while interacting with other children. I really think it will work out fine!

This is Rhett and the only other boy in the preschool. To begin with it was just going to be Rhett and 3 little girls, but I just happened to run onto this other mother with a boy that was looking to do a mommy preschool too. I think it was an answer to a prayer. Rhett's one and only friend Tylee - the sweetest little girl around - moved back East a few months ago. He has been really lonely without her and I think this preschool thing is just what he needed.

And these are the baby ducks. I THOUGHT THEY WERE SO CUTE!! They were probably my favorite part of the day....except the part where my sweet 4 year old wanted to hold my hand....melt my heart!! It was fun to just spend the day with Rhett. Because the doc told me nothing heavier than a gallon of milk for a few weeks I knew that pushing Laiklie around in a stroller was totally off limits - which was okay...it was nice to leave her to swath with her dad and just have a special day with my big man Rhett. I am looking forward to a fun year of preschool with him!!
3 comments:
I love mommy preschools! I really hope that when the time comes we will find some moms that want the same thing.
I am glad you had a chance to get out with your Rhett, I am sure it was good for both of you. :)
Ahh, i totally know what you mean! Preschool here in Texas, (well a desirable preschool) is $150 a month, plus $50 reg fee, and then $50 each semester supply fee! In Poky I was only paying $60. So, I am working on a little preschool co-op too. We are set to get started in October. So far, Coda and four other girls. Oh, well. At least he we be able to socialize a little. Don't be afraid to share you preschool lessons online, (I may need some help.) Good luck!
I love the ducks too. Glad you could get out with him for the day, did it wear you out?
Post a Comment