I can't believe it has been 5 years since we first welcomed Rhett into the world. It amazes me how when you are struggling in life it is hard to take it a day at a time and when you are enjoying it it seems to fly by! The past 5 years with Rhett has definitely flown by.
So....a little bit about Rhett that maybe some of you don't know. Rhett has always been able to beat-up his big brother Dallin. Rhett is SO STRONG. An example of this - the other day I took the kids to the park and a big kid had thrown a swing up and around the top bar to make it higher off the ground. The seat of the swing was eye level for Rhett. Oakley attempted to get into the swing and couldn't, then Dallin attempted to get into the swing and couldn't. Next thing I know Rhett has shimmied up the chain and was sitting in the swing ready for an underdoggie! He is physically SO STRONG!
But.....there is a whole other side to Rhett. He LOVES Strawberry Shortcake - not the food, the doll/movie. He checks-out a new Strawberry movie every week at the library....which usually gives the librarian a good giggle. His bed is constantly covered in stuffed animals. He has to sleep with all of them or there is issues. He is always found carrying Share Bear (his purple carebear that he stole from Oakley) around under his armpit. We go very few places without her and his Nemo Fishy blanket. Rhett is the pickiest eater you will ever meet. It is possible to live and grow strong and healthy on milk and yellow chips. :) He is so shy and gets tripped over many times hanging onto my leg in public. He is finally breaking out of his shell a little - thank goodness!! He is SO FULL of life and keeps us constantly laughing with his wise cracks. We are so blessed to have him in our home and a part of out family.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!





4 comments:
He is such a little gem! Everytime I see Strawberry I think of him and the pink shoes.
The cake looks great to me, good job!
I just can't believe how time flies. I hope he had a great birthday! I couldn't find your e-mail in my contact list, but Michael's has alot of great stuff. They have these other wood projects that are actual 3-D puzzles, dinosaurs, tigers, you name it! They ranged from $1-$5 I think. These are definetly on my stocking list for Coda.
Happy Birthday, big guy!!!
Oh, opps. I just left a comment on the family web wondering how the cake turned out. It is cute!
I love Rhett too. Yellow chips. Yip, must be a Jacobson if he LOVES chips!
Happy Birthday Rhett!
Post a Comment