So...we have had some weirdness at our house today. I heard screaming around 6 this morning coming from the boys room. When I got there Rhett had fallen out of his bed (not a far fall) and was crying because his leg didn't work. I was sure that his leg had just fallen to sleep so I lugged him back into bed and went back to sleep. This morning he wouldn't get out of bed and so I lugged him to the couch. (Remember I am still not suppose to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for another couple weeks....but what do you do when you are the mom and home alone??) Anyway - he couldn't straighten his leg. He couldn't bend it back very far either - he would only hold it in a semi-bent position. He would cry if we tried to move it at all. But, I could push all over it and have no problems. So, I knew it had nothing to do with the bones...just something behind the knee. It had pretty much no swelling...if any very little and no bruising whatsoever. I finally told him if he didn't get up and walk I was taking him to the Doctor. So he attempted to stand and tried to hobble...but wouldn't straighten it at all. When Ry got home from hunting I had him show his dad how he could walk and when he was hobbling it gave out from under him and he fell and was in tears AGAIN. So I swooped him up and off we went to the doc. They took x-rays and nothing is broken...which I assumed. The first doc thought that he must have something (I have no idea what they called it) that affects 2-6 year old boys that causes their joints to swell and get inflamed and hurt for a few days and then goes away. He wanted another doc to look though and he had no idea either. He wondered if he hyper extended it. Rhett said he maybe hurt it on the trampoline yesterday, but I didn't hear a word about it yesterday and he put his own bum in bed last night, so WE HAVE NO IDEA what is wrong with it. They sent me home with motrin instructions and told me to let him baby it and what to watch for incase we need to go back in. I guess we will see what time brings.

Since I hate to post and not put a picture - here is my cute man. I was going to post a picture of his knee....but,....since it just looks like a knee I decided this was better.:)





8 comments:
the same thing happened to Dakota when he was little. x-rays couldn't see anything. A couple of days on the couch and then weakness for a week or so. Then it was fine. Really weird...but it bugged me and I worried a lot about it. He was fine though.
That is crazy?! Hope all goes well!
That is totally weird. You'll have to keep us posted on how he is doing.
that's too bad...you know, in my family things happen in threes. So, 1- Oakley's incident, 2- your surgery 3- crazy knee thing...hopefully this will be the end of it for a while. Hope he gets feeling better (p.s. love the new blog do, looks great!)
How odd. Hope he feels better AND I hope that you can recover also! Why do so many crazy things have to happen at the same time?!
so scary!
Crazy! That is really weird. I hope nothing comes of it. Oakley's video is beautiful! I put off watching it because I new it would make me cry. You both are so strong to do what you do everyday. I can't even imagine it. She is an amazing girl!
That is so weird!! I absolutely hate when docs can't figure out the problem!!! I just always want answers to everything!! Good luck, i hope it gets feeling better soon!!!
Post a Comment