We have had such a busy Christmas break and it is just FLYIN' BY! We started it this way:
Oakley sang in a 4-6 grade Christmas Choir this year at the elementary. She LOVED it. (She is the one in red in the middle row.) You can't tell by the excitement on her face :) but she really did love it and they sounded SO GOOD! At their first performance I cried! I was so glad it was an outside....in the dark performance so no one could see what a baby I was!
This is our annual Hawkins FHE! We played "reindeer" games! This one was hilarious!! We also ate yummy food and had the kids dress-up to be in the Nativity.
We had a WONDERFUL Christmas full of presents, food and family! We always read the story of baby Jesus out of the bible on Christmas Eve and this year we followed it up with the Joy to the World DVD. The next morning we flew through the presents. Dallin especially....he wouldn't even get the paper completely off one before he would start on the next one. This was also the first year that Ry and I got to sit back and just watch. We have always had a baby that needed coaching in opening presents and Laiklie did her part beautifully this year!
We got to spend time a few days after Christmas with our VERY BEST FRIENDS (no photos to prove this happened) that came to visit from West Virginia.
We decided on a spur-of-the-moment decision Monday night to take our kids to SLC to see the lights at temple square. We, of course, did some swimming and hottubbing at the hotel. We got to see our Utah cousins, and we got to be "a little part" of moving Senovio (one of our workers that is fighting cancer) from the hospital to an apartment. The kids thought it was great to see him.
We spent time at the "I AM A CHILD OF GOD" exhibit in the Museum and got to see the giant Moroni that our kids love to see when we go to SLC. We also got to see the lights that we went to see. We had so much fun spending time as a family - even on such a quick trip.
We got to spend time a few days after Christmas with our VERY BEST FRIENDS (no photos to prove this happened) that came to visit from West Virginia.
We have had a great Christmas break so far and we are not looking forward to returning to school! It is always so fun to have the kids home and to spend time together reflecting of the reason we celebrate Christmas!!





4 comments:
Oh I am so jealous of your Christmas!!! Murdock has those jammies-they are the cutest!!!!!
Looks like you all are having a ball! :) I Saw Ryan today for a sec on the Ucon store :)!! It was good to see you!!haha Maybe someday we both wont be so busy and talk for a sec ;)
You had not blogged for so long that I figured you guys were doing fun things. Looks like you have had a great Christmas break so far!
I LOVE the cute Pj's and reindeer costumes.
Love the special antlers! :)Where can I get some of those!!!
Post a Comment