Monday, March 29, 2010

School Talent Shows

This past week was the Class Talent Shows at the school. This is the FIRST year that either of my kids have signed-up for the talent show and I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO ASK THEM TOO! They both came home telling me that they had signed-up....on their own! YAY!! Maybe my kids are starting to outgrow their shyness!
When I asked Dallin what he was going to do he said he was going to just play basketball. I said, "well, what are you going to do with the basketball? Like dribbling and stuff?" He said, "No mom, just shoot some hoops!" He has never really played basketball anywhere but here at our house, so I was a little nervous as to how it would work, but he did great shooting his "hoops" into the PE teachers garbage can!:)
Oakley performed her clogging dance, "Lets Get Crazy!" She did a great job. It was SOOOO SLICK with her clogging shoes. Her and I were both worried about her falling, but she stayed up and did great. The PE teacher even asked her to come back and clog at the big talent show for the upper classes in a few weeks!
Remember this??
Well, his tooth just kept getting wigglier and wigglier and finally yesterday when the home teacher was here (of course) it just popped right out!! He wrote the toothfairy a note about how he was only 5 years old and he also left the toothfairy a few lifesavers....SO CUTE!! He was super happy this morning to show us the money he found under the pillow!

4 comments:

Tanille said...

Yes it was Leo's Place, and I TOTALLY should have called you!!! I just dont think sometimes!!! That wouldve been so fun to see you!! That place was fun, Jace had a great time and the food was good!

Heather said...

I totally spaced the talent show, it was right after our trip! Katie went to watch Nate for me, good thing I have a good daughter. I bet Oakley's dance was awesome! That is so brave of her to want to do it by herself. I wish I'd seen it!

Jenny said...

I've danced on those slippery floors! They make you NERVOUS! Good job Dallin and Oakley! Way to go!!!

Kim said...

I bet she did great! I can't wait to see her dance at Pocatello!