Oakley and I had a dance competition last night in Pocatello. It is the competition that qualifies you for the National Clogging Championship. In order to qualify you have to have a 1st place.
Oakley's first dance is "Let's Get Crazy!" and is SOOO CUTE with the feather boas. She was really nervous, but they did so good and got a 1st place.

Her second dance is "She's Got the Beat!" and once again they did so well and got another 1st!

This year Oakley decided to compete in what they call Solo's. The teacher gets a DVD of 5 different solo's (they are about 45 sec. long) and the girls can compete in as many of the 5 as they would like to. They are competing in a line of 4 girls, but only competing against themselves. If they do it perfect they get a 1st....if not perfect they get a 2nd or 3rd depending on the mistake. Oakley did her first solo and when her and her friends got back in line to do their second one some child somewhere in the building pulled the fire alarm. So....we all had to evacuate the building until the fire crew could inspect it to make sure it was safe! We sat out in the car for 20 min. and by the time we got to go back in Oakley REALLY had to go to the bathroom. So she went and competed her 2nd solo and then her and another girl in her group ran to the bathroom thinking they had plenty of time. By the time they got back they had missed the 3rd solo. So she only did 4 of the 5. She got three 1st places and one 2nd place. As long as she got a 1st on one of the solos she can compete all 5 at Nationals....so we were NOT at all disappointed. She did GREAT!
And now, for me, I told the teacher in the beginning I was ONLY doing clogging for the fun and exercise and that I would not perform. Hmmmmm.....well, they didn't have enough ladies to do competition, so I got suckered into competing at Pocatello. They have found someone to replace me at Nationals, because I DO NOT want to have to worry about competing when I am running crazy trying to get Oakley to her competition times. I really just want to be "the mom!" for times like that. But......I must admit.....IT WAS ALOT OF FUN! and we got 1st places on both our dances also. YAY! for the old ladies!!:)
WATCH OUT NATIONALS HERE WE COME!
10 comments:
I remember when I was young watching my cousins clog. I thought it was crazy awesome.
Congratulations on the big wins!!
You girls look to cute!!! How fun! Good luck at Nationals!
How fun for you two! I wish that they would have had competitions like that when I did clogging years ago. Congrats to Oakley! and you too! Good Luck at Nationals!!
Hooray!!!! You are one sexy momma! Oakley looks amazing-I still can't believe how big she is. Congrats!!!!
Yahoo!!! that is SO exciting!!! I can't wait to hear how Nationals goes!
So fun! You both look cute. :)
That's so fun! One of the things I miss out here. I didn't do clogging this year with Haylee being born a month before it started and I just didn't get back in it this time, I miss it-You guys look great! Have fun at nationals.
Wow! Way-to-go you two!
Woot Woot!
That is SO AWESOME!! Congrats to you both! I think that would be a blast to be competing. So fun! And I love your new blog look, too!
Post a Comment