My Swimming Crew

On the last day of lessons they let the kids try the slide and the diving board. Oakley loves the slide and goes down over and over again.
This is Dallin's one and only try down the slide. He isn't a big fan of the slide and I really had to talk to get him to even try it once, so I was proud of him for trying!
Rhett chose to skip the slide all together and just played in the water for awhile. He gets the award for "3 YEARS OF SWIMMING LESSONS AND STILL HASN'T GOT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD WET!" He is funny about swimming....he loves to do it as long as his head is above the water. One of these days maybe he will out grow that.
This is Laiklie and her teacher just coming out of the slide. She liked it pretty good, but when her teacher asked if she wanted to go again she answered with a definite "NOPE!" This was her first year of lessons and she LOVED them!
Rhett talked all week about jumping off the diving board. So, first thing when we got there he got his life jacket on and headed straight for it. He walked out on the edge and he stood there.....and stood there.....and stood there...for about 5 minutes before he walked back off. I guess it looks less scary when you are off it than when you are on it! Funny boy!
This is Dallin's 1st jump. He is getting to be a great little swimmer and really liked the diving board.
This is Oakley's dive/bellyflop. She learned how to dive the last 2 days of class, but still struggles with getting her head lower than her feet. Some of her dives really looked like they hurt. She will get it with time I am sure. She really is a good swimmer too. She can swim all over both the pools and I don't hardly worry about her.
I am so proud of all my kids and the hard work they put into their lessons this year! Way to go kiddo's!





3 comments:
I have some that get that same award, Rhett! Great pictures!
How fun :)!!
Ha haa!! That is so funny about Rhett not getting the top of his head wet!
Post a Comment