This past week we had the opportunity to take our kids to
Harriman State Park for a
Brower Family Reunion. Ryan's grandmother is a
Brower and her father (Ry's great-grandpa) actually worked on the
Harriman Ranch back in the early 1900's. It was neat to be a part of the reunion.

This is a MODERN pedigree chart they made for the reunion with all the
descendants of Tom and Adria
Brower on it. Everyone is pointing at their names on the chart. This is also a 4 generation picture!!

This is
Ryans grandmother Ramona (in red) and her sister
Neta. They are the only children living.
Neta is in her 90's and actually lived on the ranch with her parents as a little girl. It was SO NEAT hearing the stories that she remembers of where we were staying. The kids LOVED, LOVED, LOVED
Neta. They took her several goodbye cards that said things like: "We hope you make it to heaven!" The kids told us she was really old and going to die soon!:) We were SO GLAD
Neta had a good sense of humor!

This is the cabin we stayed in. It is called THE BUNKHOUSE and was very nice. The kids loved not only the cabin, but I swear their favorite part of the entire reunion were the bikes that their Uncle Jason brought up for them to ride. He even remembered one with training wheels for
Laiklie! Thank you Jason!!

There was a talent show. What reunion would be complete without a talent show?? Oakley did one of her short clog solos and then Great Grandma Ramona taught the kids a Frog Kissing song that they performed. They were super cute!

On Sunday we had the whole afternoon free so we went on a drive to Big Springs to let the kids see the huge fish. I remember going here when I was little so it was fun to bring the kids too.

Soaking our feet! You can tell from the shirts we were the RED GROUP at the reunion!

I took this picture because I LOVED it and because I figure it won't be very many more years before
Dallin realizes that holding his girl cousins hand is not cool anymore!

Same here. Oakley and
Macady are both growing-up WAY TOO FAST!

We also took the kids to Mesa Falls. I had never been to the falls and it was so pretty! The kids loved it!

All 8
grandkids plus Ryan's cousin Vanessa.
Banessa as
Laiklie called her - and sorry
Banessa -
Laiklie was pretty much stuck to her side the entire 3 days!

Of course, Family photo opp!

We got the chance at the reunion to repair a section of the fence on the ranch Great-Grandpa
Brower worked on. We had each of the kids take a turn hammering in a nail so that
everytime they drive by
Harriman they can say that they helped build "that fence."
Dallin couldn't get enough of swinging the hammer. I think he got a little annoyed with his cousin because he would only let
Dallin swing it a couple times and then tell him to move over so he could finish the nail off. Oh well....
atleast he got a little taste of a different type of fence fixing.
I had to beg and plead with Rhett to get him to even swing the hammer once for a picture. Apparently he is not a happy fence fixer!
Laiklie's turn to hammer the nail. I wish you could have seen her face....she was screaming bloody murder! What a little stinker!
We had a GREAT TIME at the reunion and learned so much about the Brower family. What a great opportunity!
Thanks Ramona and Linn!!
1 comment:
Great Post! It looks like you all had such a great time! Wow. My favorite pic. is the family photo op.
Post a Comment