Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kind of a Sad Day

We buried one of Oakley's birthday kittens this morning. She has cried alot. It has been kind of a sad day around here. :( If you remember we got 2 kittens from the neighbor for Oakley for her bday. Last week the very cutest one was acting kind of sickly one day so I ran it to the vet. They ended up keeping it over night at the kitty hospital. (Ryan was not happy about this....you know how men are, right?!) After an IV and an antibiotic shot the kitty came home no big deal. When we went and picked him up we took the other kitty in for shots so we wouldn't have to worry about him getting sick. So, yesterday afternoon I noticed that this 2nd kitty wasn't acting like he felt real well, but yesterday was a CRAZY DAY and I didn't have one second to run the kitty to the vet so I thought I would run it this morning. When I got home at 10:30 last night I couldn't find the kitty anywhere. I worried about it all night and went searching again this morning still not finding it. AH!! I broke the news to Oakley and then the other kids a little later. She cried. It broke my heart. Then this afternoon she came in crying again....she had found the kitten. We had a little funeral where Rhett and Laiklie said their goodbye's while Oakley and Dallin cried. We did have a little yelling at the kitty funeral because Laiklie was mad that Oakley wouldn't say goodbye to the kitty! :) Anyway - I have convinced them all that the kitty is in kitty heaven. RIP Tiggy!! You were dearly loved!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

So sorry!!! What a sad day!

Sabra said...

It's so sad when pets die! Sorry Oakley! We have kittens that need a home, if you are looking for more. (you are probably not, seems like there is always someone trying to give away kittens)

Arfmann Family said...

It's hard to say goodbye even to a kitty!