Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Our Birthdays!!

On Sunday Oakley celebrated her 10th birthday. So.....for any of you moms out there that are, or ever have been the mother of a 10 year old you know that it makes you feel OLD!!! It doesn't help that just 2 days after Oakley's birthday is my birthday - I was already feeling old, and then to actually have a new number....31, to be exact - makes it a little harder.
So, birthday news went something like this:
Saturday while Oakley was at a Primary Class Party the other 3 kids and I went and picked-up these two CUTEST KITTENS EVER and brought home as a surprise for Oakley. You can tell by the smile - she was NOT disappointed! Sunday we had our family party with grandparents and cousins coming for cake and ice cream. We did have some issues with the cake this year. I made a cake before church and as I was turning the pan upside down to put it on the cookie sheet the cake broke in 1/2. So, after church I made a new cake and it flipped out of the pan PERFECTLY! I was super excited and decided while it was cooling to run get some hay for the sheep and lock them in their pen before company arrived......well, while I was outside Laiklie decided to do a little taste-testing!
You can see where her dirty little hands got a handful of each corner. I was SO MAD! I had already made 2 cakes and didn't have time to start a 3rd. She kept trying to blame it on Dallin who had been outside with me......and, we could tell by the chocolate on her face and hands that she was definitely the culprit! I made her apologize to her sister and we decorated what was left of the cake.:)
Monday we had the friend party. I took her and her 3 best friends to Bear World to see the bears, visit the petting zoo and ride the amusement rides. It was fun. We then had them come back that night for a slumber party. I went to bed at 12:30 am and they were just starting a movie, so I was glad when I came out at 2 am that they were all asleep. They had a great time!
And then....here is a picture of me and my candle to blow out. My friend Hollie brought this cinnamon roll over with a candle in it and some Hershey kisses surrounding it and BIG BOSS LAIKLIE wouldn't let anyone have one of the kisses until we had FIRE (as she calls it) and a song. So, my sweet little kids sang me happy birthday and you can see from the kiss in Rhett's hand they didn't even let me get a picture taken after the song before they started in on the kisses!
I had a good birthday this year. A couple weeks ago when the YW pres. said she wanted to take the YW to the temple to do baptisms and to the visitors center to see the Hubble Spacecraft photos I was a little bummed it was on my birthday, but what a neat way to spend your birthday!

4 comments:

Meri said...

Wait until you have a 15 year old...then you will feel REALLY old! Happy Birthday! I'm glad you got to celebrate it in such a special way!

And way to go wit 2 cakes in one day...that is love!!

Jenny said...

That huge cinnamon roll looks divine! Great way to celebrate :)!

Sabra said...

Happy Birthday Oakley and Natalie!

It will defiantly be a memorable cake for Oakley!

Did you get any pictures of Bear World? I've never been, but would like to go sometime.

Nanette said...

Oh Happy Birthday! I have missed you SO VERY MUCH! You look gorgeous in your picture! I hope you got a good present this year! LOVE YOU