TODAY WAS SUPPOSE TO BE THE DAY! WHY CAN'T TODAY BE THE DAY???
Remember back in April when we got these cute little baby lambs. They were so much fun!! My kids loved bottle feeding them and packing them around. Pretty soon they learned to run and jump and play and my kids LOVED THEM MORE!
Then summer came and the lambs grew and the kids found new ways to play with them. They would herd them (super fun when you are a 7 year old boy) and they even attempted to ride them several times (even more fun when you are a 7 year old boy!). They thought the sheep were great!
This is Rhett trying to protect his sand castle!:)
BUT....the sheep continued to grow and grow and as they grew two of our "sweet little lambs" turned into RAMS. That is right, I said R.A.M.S!! If you know anything about rams you know they like to headbunt. The problem is that our rams chose to headbunt MY CHILDREN!! The sheep all-of-the-sudden weren't so fun anymore. We tried to sell them, but apparently NO ONE WANTS SHEEP THAT HEADBUNT CHILDREN!! One of the problems was that they kept getting out of their pen (we are cow people and fenced for cows, not sheep....maybe someone should have mentioned that minor detail to us BEFORE we got the sheep!) So that left the sheep to be in MY YARD!! I already have "White Trash Yard of the Century," but this year it is 10 times worse because of the dang sheep. We found out last week that every other Monday they have a sheep sale at the auction yard and so I had my countdown going and struggled just to make it through the end of the week. Then.........last night after a quick phone call Ryan found out they are not actually having another sheep sale until NOVEMBER 1!! NOVEMBER 1!! I AM DYING HERE! I can't do two more weeks! THIS IS SOOOO NOT FUNNY!!! 14 more days......336 hours......I don't even want to know how many minutes that is, because it is DEFINITELY TOO MANY!!
Yesterday Laiklie says to Ry and I, "Brownie(Dallin's sheep) is about turnin' into a buckin' bull!" I am telling you people WE HAVE GOT TO GET THESE SHEEP OUT OF HERE!!





6 comments:
What can I say? Hope they get out of your life soon! Hope no one gets injured before the 1st. Give Rhett a cape.
Nat, I'm sorta feeling bad for you but mostly laughing my butt off! Maybe you should've let the guy butcher them in your yard after all!!! Ha Ha Ha. Pray really hard and something will work out. I once was out of toilet paper and it was expensive, so I prayed really hard, for toilet paper. On the weekend we got toilet papered. Eventhough we only had 3 trees. My prayer was answered. And we used the toilet paper til it was gone. That is a true story. Ridiculous, but true!
This is no good! Hang in there!!!
They were so cute as babies! Why can't animals stay cute and little for longer? That is too bad (but a little funny that they head-bunt!) Hang in there! Nov. will be here soon!
I have said many times that someone needs to invent a growth stunt for animals. they are much more annoying when they get big. I feel so bad for you! But I have to agree with Holly, I was laughing so hard! :) Good luck.
Oh my gosh! I remember when you got those lambs! This post made me laugh so hard...two weeks does seem like FOREVER!! I love the last pic of them detained behind a fence like the fugitives they are! Hope they sell quickly!
Post a Comment