Friday, October 22, 2010

Just what we need.............MORE ANIMALS!

Look what cute little baby spent the night with the other animals at the HAWKINS FAMILY PETTING ZOO!!


This little baby calf got left ALONE in the mountains for 6 days. We hauled all our cows home last Friday and then yesterday got a phone call that a guy whose ranch borders ours saw a baby calf. Ryan went and found him, and we were very surprised he was still alive. Problem is that the day before the phone call Ryan had preg. checked all the cows and any that were not pregnant he hauled to the auction yard. This little guys mom was considered "not pregnant" and got hauled away. So, that left "mommy me" to bottle feed yet another animal (did I mention - I AM NOT AN ANIMAL LOVER) last night. He is super cute though! My kids cried and cried this morning when Ryan hauled him over to his dads to hopefully find a new cow mommy.
Our running animal tally is:
1 cat
1 parakeet
1 dang dog (not my favorite - you can tell by the "dang")
5 sheep (did I mention that these ARE NOT MY FAVORITE EITHER!)
1 super cute baby calf (now out of the yard...too bad the sheep didn't follow)
100 other cows
2 mice I saw in our de-ttached garage when I was cleaning it the other day ....super thankful for the de-ttached part!!
Atleast one of these animals has found its way to a new home and the cat did kill one of the mice so we are s.l.o.w.l.y. getting rid of a few of the animals at the zoo! YEAH!!

3 comments:

Meri said...

Hooray for "detatched!" and for quick cats! I still have to laugh about your rams though. :) What a cute calf! I would be sad for it to go too.

Jenny said...

I think dang goes with dog. :)

Bobbi said...

Ha ha! You're so funny. I feel exactly like you. My kids are begging for a puppy but I just DO. NOT. WANT. You're a good mom. :)