
Today is our big boy Dallin's 8th birthday! Can you believe our big 9 lb. 2 oz. baby boy turned into this big man?! He was all smiles all day....well, that is after we told him he didn't have to fast on his birthday!:)

He opened his new scriptures that every Mormon family gives their child turning 8!

Then his new scout shirt and book. He is SO EXCITED to be old enough to go to scouts, so he thought this was a pretty cool present. He is pretty sure that now that he is a scout he is going to get to use his pocket knife a lot more often. So funny what they think!:)

Then he opened some BB's. All he has talked about all week is getting a BB Gun for his birthday. Ryan and I decided to be a little mean (ha, ha - sometimes we have to do this as parents just to get a good laugh) and told him he could have BB's but would have to use his dad's BB Gun to shoot them. He was so disappointed. I wish I would have taken a picture of him with his grump on! We then started feeling kinda bad and told him to go check the closet.

He was
SO EXCITED!! We are not Sunday gun shooters, but made an exception and let him go shoot at a straw bale after church. He is feeling pretty big now! He is excited to get baptized and we are looking forward to sharing that big day with him. Dallin is such a special kid. He likes to work and knows how to work hard. He is learning to drive the tractor and 4-wheeler and is not happy unless he is right next to his dad working. We love him and are so proud to be his parents!
Happy Birthday Big Guy!
4 comments:
Has it really been 8 years?! Good heavens! I still cannot get over how much he looks like you Natalie, such a cutie! Happy Birthday big guy!
Don't shoot your eye out! :)
What a great birthday! I was going to say what Jenny said, "Don't shoot your eye out." :)
How they grow up too big too fast! I remember him sitting in the CTR 5 row in primary! Crazy how three years flies by! I think the BB fun trick was fun, we do that to our kids too!
Post a Comment