On the TWELFTH day of Christmas, my Savior gave to me TWELVE Apostles to follow:
And when it was day he called unto him his disciples; and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles. Luke 6:13
The twelve traveling councilors are called to be the Twelve Apostles, or special witnesses of the name of Christ in all the world - thus differing from other officers in the church in the duties of their calling. Doctrine and Covenants 107:23
The most precious thing lost in the Apostasy was the authority held by the Twelve - the priesthood keys. For the church to be His church, there must be a Quorum of the Twelve who hold the keys and confer them on others. Boyd K. Packer
What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same. Doctrine and Covenants 1:38
Now we have a world where people are confused
If you don't believe it go and watch the news.
We can get direction all along our way,
If we heed the prophets - follow what they say.
Children's Songbook
I am grateful for modern day Apostles and Prophets to guide our footsteps in a time of uncertainty. I know the Lord will tell them the things we need to know and do, for it is His pattern throughout time. We can trust them!





No comments:
Post a Comment