Every month our ward puts on a community potluck. They decided this time to add a primary talent show to the potluck. My kids have looked forward to it since the primary president announced it a few weeks ago. Those of you that know us know that I have some fairly shy kids so I was BLOWN AWAY when they all wanted to be in it! We have had several talent shows for FHE (some super funny ones - I might add) and so I guess in their minds talent shows ROCK!!
Oakley danced 2 of her clogging solos. The only pictures we have of her dancing are some more of those super fuzzy ones....so, here is the pre-dance. Yes, that is me the one on the right in the background (I know I've got my "chub on" over the winter....no comments please!) I was having to hold down the cardboard we made her dance on since they just refinished the gym floor. We didn't want to be responsible for scratching that up!
Dallin dribbled the basketball with one of his best friends Carson. The only picture I got of the actual dribbling was of Dallin's back...so here is the only picture I got of his front.
Rhett decided he wanted to jump rope and is actually a really good jump roper. He got a little nervous just before time to perform....which I had kind of anticipated....so luckily I brought 2 ropes and he enlisted the help of his friend Nathan to jump rope also. At one point his pants were falling down as he was jumping so he reached down and did a full jump-pant-pull-up all in one! :) LOVED IT!
Laiklie (and McKenzie - a neighbor girl I have at my house quiet often - the one in the background) decided they wanted to hopscotch. I took our foam hopscotch for them and they were super cute too!
The potluck was well attended and the talent show was full of everything from pogo-stick to a boy scout skit to a cheerleading lift! We loved every minute of it and hope they make it an annual affair at the potluck.





3 comments:
What fun! I bet it was so cool to see what all the kids come up with for the show. Your kids are very talented and creative-they grow up way too fast man.
That is my favorite kind of talent show. They have done an annual one here for 4 years. :)
SO fun! And if that's chub then I'm obese. lol. Whatever. ;)
Post a Comment