We really have been busy this week. We have had alot of fun things going on. First off.....Rhett has really struggled his whole life with friends. Not that Rhett doesn't have friends or can't make friends, he has just ALWAYS had GIRL friends. He has alot of girl cousins his age that live close to play with. The only other kid in our old ward his age was his very best friend in the entire world Tylee (who moved). His preschool class consisted of Rhett and 3 girls....not on purpose....the other little boy moved only a few months into preschool. So for a very long time we thought Kindergarten is where he would start to find some boys his age to play with.
INSTEAD RHETT MEET RAEGAN
This is Raegan and my sweet little Rhett. Everyday Rhett comes home talking about what he and Raegan did at school. For along time I thought maybe it was kinda one sided and Raegan probably didn't like Rhett as much as he liked her. Then, I went to school where I got the chance to see the two of them together. She TOTALLY likes him as much as he likes her, IF NOT MORE!! She is always right next to him. They hold hands at recess. When we walked in the door at stake conference she was there to greet him and followed him to his chair and sat RIGHT NEXT TO HIM the entire 2 hours. She infact told her mom she was no longer going to church unless she got to move to Rhett's ward! :) They really are BEST FRIENDS!
Here are some other BESTIES!!
Kooky Katie, Always texting Alicia, and Oakley are best friends. They have been for a few years now. (They are missing one of their besties Lauren who moved away for the year....we are hoping she will be back this summer. We miss you Lauren!!)
The big smiles are because Oakley called yesterday from the school for me to bring her her camera and I stopped by the office, the gym, her classroom and FINALLY found these three dancing and giggling in the BATHROOM!!! I made them pose for a smile!!
The big smiles are because Oakley called yesterday from the school for me to bring her her camera and I stopped by the office, the gym, her classroom and FINALLY found these three dancing and giggling in the BATHROOM!!! I made them pose for a smile!!
So, what do two little girls need after a super long bike ride??
A MAKEOVER!!
We had our monthly ward potluck last night so these two girlies were looking GORGEOUS for it!! They loved having their hair and make-up done after a long day.
Here is my little Laiklie looking gorgeous thanks to big sis!
The only other thing we did this week that is note worthy is Dallin and I went on a date. At conference I heard a talk about how we need to be doing one-on-one interviews with our children and I decided that date night it was!! We went first to the hospital to visit my grandma, then over to Toys R Us to buy him the long saved and awaited MP3 player and since it was a date we hit Petco to see the animals. He LOVED it. I had to send him to see the hamsters, mice and rat type animals alone because I knew they would cause nightmares if I saw them! AH!! We had a great time being together and I LOVED talking and learning more about him!
Today as I was hitting a few yard sales I got a phone call from Ryan telling me that I had to run a calf to the dead pit for him when I got home. YES, UNFORTUNATELY I AM ONE OF THOSE WIVES! So, when I got home Dallin, Rhett and I jumped in Ryan's almost dead '92 Red Flatbed truck that doesn't even have a radio that works with a bloated and EXTREMELY stinky dead calf tied to the back and headed for the ranch. The girls didn't want to go (WONDER WHY??) and when I came back I could see they had done some makeovers of their own.
The only other thing we did this week that is note worthy is Dallin and I went on a date. At conference I heard a talk about how we need to be doing one-on-one interviews with our children and I decided that date night it was!! We went first to the hospital to visit my grandma, then over to Toys R Us to buy him the long saved and awaited MP3 player and since it was a date we hit Petco to see the animals. He LOVED it. I had to send him to see the hamsters, mice and rat type animals alone because I knew they would cause nightmares if I saw them! AH!! We had a great time being together and I LOVED talking and learning more about him!
What a fun, busy week!!





3 comments:
I always love to read about your family goings on. What I love most is the fact that I can hear your voice through your writing. It always helps my little homesick heart.
Mitsy caught our mouse. I rejoiced, Caleb cried. But we both sleep better now.
Sounds like you have been busy. Your kids are all sure cute. WHat a good idea to take them on a date. I think I might have to use that.
Post a Comment