Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

We had such a great Memorial Day Weekend. It started on Friday with NO SCHOOL!!! Yay! We are SO GLAD to finally be finished with that for the year. We slept in on Friday and it was SO NICE!! On Saturday we went with Grandma Jake to a few cemeteries. It was a pretty nice day to visit cemeteries! Sunday we had some cousins arrive at our house and had a slumber party. My kids LOVE their cousins and could not wait for this batch of them to show-up. We ended up having my sister Arnica's family and last minute surprise my brother Cody's family showed-up too! My parents came and stayed the night also - WE HAD A HOUSE FULL and it was a BLAST!!
I went to check Oakley's blood Sunday night and her and her cousin Ali had made this cave type bed under Oakley's raised bed. I LOVED that they were matching sleeping!:)
Monday morning we hit some more cemeteries. This time it was a little chilly. I always love going to the cemetery with my parents and grandparents. This year my grandparents didn't make the trip because of cold weather and grandma not feeling well. My dad always tells the kids stories of the people we are there to visit. It is a great teaching moment!

My mom always takes pinwheels for the graves and this year she bought these birds for the grandpa's headstones. She handed one to Laiklie and Danica and the birds wings went CRAZY in the wind. I LOVED their little faces. They thought it was great!!

After visiting the Cemetery we headed to my Aunt's for our Annual Jacobson Memorial Day Picnic. It ended up being crappy weather so we did the picnic and games at the church.
This is Max. I had never met Max until this get-together. I fell in love with him instantly. He is my cousin Emily's little boy and such a cutie!! I seriously would have brought him home if I could have stole him away from her. He was such a little clown and I just couldn't get enough of him!!

This is a line-up of just "some" of the crowd of children at the Jacobson picnic. There are SO MANY OF US!! Ryan always teases me that I "make-up" cousins. This is proof that I have alot of cousins! This is a handful of the 3rd generation Jacobsons!

Games at the church. This was a version of freeze tag. I posted this picture for my big sis Jenny. Her oldest son Jake is staying with us for the summer and I wanted her to see him (big guy on the right) taking out the children in freeze tag! He ate it up!!

Back to my house for more snacking and lots more playing with cousins! This is Paige, Danica, Casey, Rhett and Laiklie.

So, to sum it all up we had alot of eating, alot of visiting, alot of laughs and SO MUCH FUN with family!

5 comments:

Nanette said...

Your family is always a blast to be around. Cute pictures Nat!

Echo said...

What a great memorial weekend....and I always loved your dad! Seriously, he's one of my favorites!

Jenny said...

Thanks for the pix sis!!! Love you!

Arnica said...

Your'e a stinker! Seriously, how many chins can we count in that pretty picture of me? I enjoyed your post all the way until the end. I WILL return the favor lol

Sabra said...

I love the picture of Max in the chair. He is such a cutie. I told Emily that he looked like he could be on a calender. Cute boy.

It was fun seeing you guys at Memorial day.