So....today is my birthday. And, like the title says I am feeling pretty much over the hill!! :) I can barely stay-up til midnight anymore. In fact, I stayed up and waited for my nephew Jake (he is living with us this summer helping Ryan farm) the other night while he was on a date and thought to myself that we are still years from our children dating and I already can't stay-up and wait very well! :) I also have put on a few lbs since turning 30 and now 32 is kinda scaring me when it comes to that. I was just recently called as the YW president in our ward and have found that I am not as patient and kind as I once was. I am also not "super fun" anymore. Kinda makes me feel bad for the girls!
I did HOWEVER have a great bday today despite the number of years old I am. It started with a little service project for the neighbor lady. No feeling quiet compares to the feelings of a service project! We then ventured onto swimming lessons and stayed to swim afterwards. The kids and I hit a movie this afternoon.....we watched Rango....NOT highly recommended. A few inappropriate things - I thought anyway....remember though, I am 32 now and so maybe I view things a little differently than the world! Then Ryan took me to dinner.
On the list of bday presents....Ryan got me an iphone and then tonight after dinner we went and bought a cute pink/white cover for it. The inside scoop on the phone is - Ryan actually had 2 iphones because of switching from AT&T to Verison....so he didn't have to buy me one (I love saving money)....he just had to program it to my number. I tried calling him like 20 times on the way home from swim lessons to tell him my phone wasn't working - piece of crap! :) It was because he had switched my number over to the new phone that he hadn't given me yet. Funny!! He also bought me a dozen roses and a new frying pan. Some would think a frying pan would suck as a bday gift, but I REALLY needed a new one and was actually super excited about it. I have some amazing friends and got flowers, jewelry, cookies from some of my YW and lots of phone calls, facebook messages and texts.
So, now I am off to have some strawberry chocolate cake (Ry got that too....isn't he cute!) and a happy bday song from my kids. That is ALWAYS my favorite bday present!:)





4 comments:
You are SO not over the hill girlie!!! And I have never said no to a frying pan. Thanks for the Rango tip and know that I love and miss you tons.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed it yesterday. :) I'm glad to hear it was fabulous!
I love reading your blog! I had to catch up on yours too.
What a sweet friend that Oakley has! That is so fun.
I snickered at your "not super fun" comments! Lately I've been wondering myself if I am fun at all :) Ha!
Funny about the Rocket Derby.
Hope you are enjoying your iphone. I love mine.
When you still look about 20, you just be quiet about it, sis, and no one will know. :)Happy Birthday.
Post a Comment