Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Grandpa's 90th Birthday

Today is my grandpa Jacobson's 90th birthday. WOW!! I am one of the only people I know that in my 30's I have ALL of my grandparents still living! WHAT A BLESSING!! On Saturday we had a big birthday party for my grandpa. I was incharge of the decorations. I LOVE the way the colors looked together!! LOVE IT!! I also made my grandpa this book you can see on the corner of the table (thanks to all my family who participated). It was full of memories of grandpa. I LOVED reading all the stories from my Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Brothers and Sisters as I received them. I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who sent me to earth as one of Max's granddaughters.
Here is grandpa and grandma. This is just after we sang happy birthday to him. We sang a new version I hadn't heard before.....BUT LOVE!! It went like this:
I don't know but I've been told
Someone here is getting old
The good news is we sing for free
The bad news is we sing off key
Sound off - 1, 2
Sound off - 3, 4
Bring it on down - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
(Ha, ha, HILARIOUS!)

This is a picture we took before the party started of all the family in attendance. This is actually only probably a 3rd of all of us. WE ARE A PRETTY BIG CREW WHEN WE ARE ALL TOGETHER! I was looking at a family tree my aunt made for the day and it said that my grandpa is great-grandpa to 72 (maybe 73??) great grandchildren and no end in sight. I still have alot of cousins not old enough to even get married yet. NOW THAT IS SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF! The thing that I think he is probably most proud of though is..............what an amazing family he has. So many temple marriages, all grandsons to this point have served a mission - and a granddaughter, several of his sons have been bishops and even one grandson and one son a patriarch, all his children/grandchildren are active and serve in the church. I am pretty sure I know my grandpa well enough to know that those are the things he is most proud of. My dad said it best when he said that my grandpa used Christ as his anchor and the gospel as his roadmap. I am guessing that's how he made it to 90!! I love you grandpa!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

3 comments:

Nanette said...

This made me cry-such a beautiful tribute. Your family is really amazing, I am so glad that you know that!

Sabra said...

So great!
It was fun. And you did awesome with EVERYTHING you did! Thanks for all the HARD work you put into it.

Oh and I made a comment to you at the party about your kids whining. But I didn't add to the comment that my kids whine ALL THE TIME, so I was glad to see that someone else's did too!
Anyways...just one of the many times I say something but it totally comes out different then what I meant! Sorry.

Yes, I too am proud of Grandpa Jake and grateful to be part of such a WONDERFUl family!

Jenny said...

Wish we had been there! Thanks for posting.