Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to School....HERE WE COME!!

I really don't know where the summer went! I can not believe it is over already!  I seriously wasn't completely ready to send them back to school yesterday.  I think in my mind I kept thinking if I put off getting ready to send them back that maybe it wouldn't come! NOPE! Still came! 
 These are my HANDSOME boys! Rhett is in 2nd Grade this year.  He was SO NERVOUS because his best friend Raegan is in a different class.  He came home telling me that they played at every recess together though.  I am guessing that will be the pattern for the year.:)  He also came home telling me that the class birds had a baby and the teacher told him he could have it.  Ummmm......NO THANK YOU! The last thing we need around here is another pet bird!  I have NO IDEA how I am going to talk him out of this one!
 Dallin is in 4th grade.  He was nervous too.  He came home the most excited though!! His teacher had them play games all day and announced there would be NO HOMEWORK for the first 3 months of school! That is SERIOUSLY my kind of teacher!! Although....that makes me a little nervous that there won't be a lot of learning/teaching going on.  I guess we will roll with the punches on this one!
 And here is our big MIDDLE SCHOOLER!! AH!!!  She was TERRIFIED! She came home last night telling me that she didn't know why she was so scared! It went very smoothly! Well....other than the lock on her locker that she can't open! :) Thank goodness for good friends with close lockers! She had a long day though.  With volleyball practice after school she doesn't even get home until 6ish.  This will definitely take some getting use to!  Today is her first volleyball game! We are super excited!
And last, but NEVER least my KINDERGARTNER!! I can not believe my baby is old enough for kindergarten.  She was SOOOO EXCITED!! She couldn't wait to ride that bus home with her boys!  She picked out her own outfit and came home talking about all the new friends she made.  She is so in love with kindergarten already!  I have NO IDEA what I am going to do without her this year!  She is my very best helper!
I do have to say though....It was kinda nice to go grocery shopping yesterday without any kids!!  I might kind of like this new freedom 1/2 a day every day!  I sure love my kids and I hope and pray every morning that the teachers in the school will take good care of them while they are in their care! 
HERE WE GO....READY OR NOT!

No comments: