Dallin, Rhett and Laiklie had swim lessons in July and LOVED them. My kids are like fish and LOVE being in the water.
This is Rhett coming out of the big slide on the last day of lessons. He can slide and jump off the diving board all he wants without a life jacket now. He has become quite the swimmer. When I signed Dallin and Oakley up for swim team at the beginning of the summer he was mad I wouldn't sign him up. I told him he needed to do lessons a few more years and he said, "I just....................I just.................I just feel like I am too good for lessons!" Ummm....that is EXACTLY why I put him in lessons. I think he is a little OVER-CONFIDENT! He did great in lessons and loved every minute of it!
This is Laiklie, the little boy in her class and her teacher. She LOVED jumping off the diving board the last day of lessons and even insisted on doing it once without the life jacket. She is my favorite one to watch when she swims. She kicks and paddles like a tornado.....but her little body doesn't actually move. :) SO CUTE!! When she does figure out how to put that energy into motion, WATCH OUT!!
Oakley just did swim team this year. She was in the pool every Mon - Wed all of June and July. There were mornings in June that she was getting in the water at only 40 degrees. SOOO COLD!! She stuck it out though and has become a strong little swimmer. She was good when she started and is even better now! My sister calls their swim team goggles Magnum PI goggles. Ha, ha! Oakley has the most gorgeous brown skin now from swim team! It scares me sending my beautiful baby off to JR. High in just a few weeks! AH!!!
And here is Dallin coming off the slide. He LOVES the water. He did double duty and did swim team and swim lessons. He didn't mind!! I had him do both when I realized swim team didn't teach them their strokes real well. I wanted him to KNOW them and decided putting him in both was the way to go. He loved it all.....other than the 40 degree weather. He did complain about that a few times. :) I don't blame him!





No comments:
Post a Comment