Ten years ago today I delivered fat little 9lb. 2oz. "man child" Dallin!! Now, he is as skinny as ever, but he is still a "man child" (that is what my brother always called him!) in a way. His feet are now, at 10 years old, as big as his moms. He stands only a head shorter than I do and is still growing like a weed.
Dallin is an incredible kid. I love him to death! He is such a great kid and my VERY BEST helper! Anytime I need a job done he is seriously the one I ask because he just digs in and does it. (He sometimes whines along the way.....not gonna lie. ;) But he works hard and that says alot about him!)
This year for his birthday he wanted a .22 gun. Oakley got her's for Christmas when she was 10 yrs old, so he thought this was the age to get one. Ryan bought a .22 years ago hoping to one day give it to his boy so it worked out great. Ryan was happy.....Dallin was happy......so I am happy!
Dallin also wanted a remote control car. He just so happened to get two remote control cars. He went birthday shopping with his grandma Hawkins last night and came home with one remote control car and I had already bought him one for this morning. Usually grandma and I talk before, but this time we didn't even think about it. Oh well!! Two cars is better than one!:)
And the last present Dallin got was an electric blanket. He sleeps upstairs and it gets fairly chilly at nights already and it isn't even dead of winter yet. He thought an electric blanket sounded nice and cozy and has been asking for one. We teased him that he can come home from school today and take a nap to try it out!
What a blessing Dallin is to our family. I had a miscarriage after I had Oakley and was DEVASTATED! It was a horrible time in my life and I really struggled with it. It wasn't too many months after my miscarriage that I found out I was pregnant with this big guy. I sure don't understand why we have to go through all the trials we do in this life, but as terrible as my miscarriage was I can't imagine having had that baby at that time and maybe missed out on having Dallin when I had him. He was like a ray of sunshine in my dark world. I appreciate a loving Heavenly Father who knew I needed Dallin when I needed him. What a blessing he is to our lives...then, now and forever!





No comments:
Post a Comment