Friday, March 1, 2013

Calling Change

In December the bishop let me know that they were going to be releasing me from my calling as Young Womens President soon.  I cried.  But then he kept dragging it out.  He eventually told me that after New Beginnings on Feb. 19th (my anniversary) that they would release me.  The drag out all made sense when I found out who was replacing me.  This sweet lady just lost her mom to cancer and needed time to get through that before jumping into this new calling.  I am not going to lie though......IT WAS SOOOO HARD knowing I was getting released and having to keep it a secret and still go forward doing what I was suppose to do.  This change has been a big one for me.  I really felt like I wasn't suppose to be done yet.  The thought of handing it over to someone else literally broke my heart.  The thought of sending my diabetic daughter to girls camp for a week without me terrified me!  It still terrifies me!!  I cried all week last week.  Anytime I thought of being released or talked about it I cried.  I had to purposely plan a "FUN" New Beginnings so I didn't bawl all the way through it.  Sunday as they announced my name it seriously felt like I couldn't breath.  As they said it was time to make a change in the young womens program I saw so many of my young women look at me like WHAT???  They didn't know it was coming.  I cried as I had to tell them good-bye.  I cried when I got a text from one of them on Tuesday asking what we were doing for mutual.  This is a hard thing.  It will be a good change in our life...but a big adjustment for a while.  I will get use to it and the YW will be fine with their new leaders.  I cried when I got put into this calling and cry now as I am leaving it. 
I got a new calling too......and believe it or not....I CRIED! :)  I actually told Ryan NO when he issued me the calling.  I thought it was a made-up calling and I didn't want a made-up calling.  I thought maybe the bishopric had gone crazy and that maybe there was a shortage of old people in the ward!  I am the new Family History Consultant/Indexing Specialist.  SERIOUSLY!!!  I cried about it for 2 days! THIS IS WHY RYAN AND I NEEDED A ROAD TRIP FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY! I had to get out of here!!!  I have talked to the bishop and his other counselor more about my new calling and have found out a little more of what is expected from me.  I am not going to lie....IT SCARES ME TO DEATH to have to tell others how to do something I don't even know how to do, but I am committed to and willing to learn and my attitude has gone from crappy to much better within just a couple days.  I had a neat experience in the temple just a week before I was released that helps all of this to make sense to me so I know this is the right direction and I am putting my trust in my Heavenly Father to help me close the last chapter and open the next chapter.  I am grateful that His plan is always better than my plan! Ready or not.....HERE WE GO!

No comments: