Friday, March 1, 2013

More Skiing

On Dallin's last ski trip with the school we decided to buy the tickets and rentals for Rhett and Laiklie to try to ski.  They both LOVED it!!
 They have NO FEAR at this age so they just jumped in and learned so quickly!  Laiklie went down the bunny hill a million times I swear.  I hiked up and down, up and down over and over again following her to make sure to catch her when she fell.  She figured it out so quickly though that pretty soon I realized I could just stand at the bottom of the hill and watch her come down.  Nice!!
Rhett was a natural at it.  He loved the bunny hill, but also convinced his big brother Dallin to take him down skiers lane a couple times.  He even got brave enough he got on the lift and went down it all alone at the end of the night.  He had a blast and I am worried he is going to want to ski again next year.  Not a cheap hobby! :)
 Oakley decided once we got up there and she saw that there was hardly anybody there and one of her besties Katie was there to help that she wanted to ski too.  So we got her a pair of ski's and a ticket and away she went.  She liked it....not loved it.  She was going backwards down the bunny hill at one point - NOT on purpose.  Ha, ha!!  She tried to do skiers lane a little too early and fell ALOT (as she put it!).  After that she was done for the night.  I am hoping I can get her back on ski's next year to try again.  I only skied once in my life and it was a little like Oakley's experience and I wish I wouldn't have given up so easily.  Hopefully she will try again.
We had a great night other than when the tow rope decided to kick Laiklie off and flip up and take a chunk out of her little nose. It is hard to see in the picture, but she still has a scab and a bruise a week later.  Poor baby!  It didn't slow her down at all though.  Such a fun night! My kids never cease to amaze me!

No comments: