My grandpa, F. Max Jacobson, passed away November 14, 2014. It was such a sad day for all of us. I was SO VERY BLESSED to be able to spend several days with him and my grandma at the hospital during the last month of his life. What a neat opportunity to get to know my grandpa and grandma better. The thing I will remember the most from that last month of his life is just how very grateful my grandpa was for EVERYONE and EVERYTHING that was done for him to keep him comfortable. What a great example he is to me! I love him. I will miss his glassy blue eyes and how they sparkle when he smiles. I will miss his big hands and big heart. I will miss the way he calls me "Nat." I will miss it all.
The last thing my grandpa said to me about 2 weeks before he passed (when I saw him after that day he was always sleeping) as I was leaving the hospital after having spent the night with him and grandma was...I told him, "I am leaving grandpa." and he got a little teary eyed and in his sweet voice asked, "Well, where are you going?" I told him the things I needed to do for the day and that I loved him. It meant so much to me to see him get emotional that I was leaving, especially because there were several days that I spent with him at the hospital that he didn't recognize me. I know he knows who I am and that he loves me. What a great feeling. I will always remember that!
My grandpa was a WWII veteran and SO VERY PROUD of his county. He loved the USA! What a neat thing at the cemetery to have the Vet's honor him.
This is them presenting the flag to my sweet grandma. What an amazing lady. She is so very lonely now and misses grandpa so much! I have been able to drive to the Valley and spend a few days with her. I LOVE those days and will always treasure them! What a great blessing to be one of the lucky ones that gets to have Max and Madge Jacobson and my grandparents!
My ENTIRE family (Except Jake's wife Chelsea) was able to make it to grandpa's funeral. We have not ALL been together in years! We definitely took advantage of this photo opportunity.
My parents, siblings and spouses. We are a crew. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!






No comments:
Post a Comment