Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cows

Well....no pictures...but we sold almost our entire herd of cows Monday! Ryan and his dad decided to down size their herds this year while the prices are good and believe me I didn't object!! This time of year is bad for the cows pushing the fences and getting out.  A week or two ago on a Sunday morning I get a phone call about my cows being out at the same time I looked out the window and saw them out.  Of course Ryan was at bishopric meetings and I was already in my dress ready to go! I jumped on the four-wheeler, dress and all, and Dallin hurried and changed back into jeans and ran out and helped me.  It was mostly calves (calves are SO DUMB!) that were out and it took us a couple try's to get them in, but Dallin and I are a pretty good team and got it done.  I am grateful that we have had the cows because of the lessons we have learned and been able to teach our kids by having them, and I always wanted to marry a "cowboy" but I am not going to lie....I am glad to see them go!! At some point we will start to build the herd back up again but for now I am happy for the break!

No comments: