We are always short handed during harvest time. I was so glad this year that Dallin was able to drive the grain truck so that I didn't have to. It isn't the driving that bothers me.....its the fear of seeing a mouse in the nasty grain truck that does!!!
Ryan and Dale were cutting our pivot one night and Jason was driving the grain truck with Dallin and JD helping by running the auger. I hurried to get dinner ready for all of them and run it out as they were unloading. As I got over there I saw very quickly that there was NO JASON! It was just Dallin and JD, because when you are 14 years old you are old enough to dump the grain truck BY YOURSELF! AHHHHH!!! Talk about scare their mom to death! So I stayed back and out of their way and watched them closely. These two are seriously some of our best help. They knew just what they were doing. They had watched their dad's very closely and did a great job. I assumed they had been sent to unload it while Jason rode with Dale. Just as they were finishing unloading it my phone rang, it was Dale. He asked if those boys just unloaded that truck all by their selves?? The men were as shocked by it as I was. Those two sneaky boys had made that decision on their own. They are such hard workers and I am so proud of them!





No comments:
Post a Comment