I always dread Nationals. It makes me stress to the max and a nervous wreck for days before. I HATE, HATE, HATE that the All-American awards all come down to ONE DAY and ONE set of judges. Oakley has made the All-American team 5 years in a row, but going into this year we knew her chances may not be as good. She had to do everything on her own this year. With her duet partner living in Utah she had to learn and practice it all by herself. It was stressful knowing she had put SO MANY HOURS in and not knowing if it would be enough?!?!
Laiklie on the other had has never made All-American. Last year was the first time she was even able to dance off for it. So this year I was extra nervous for her as well. Her duet partner made it last year and Laiklie wanted it SO BAD so this year I prayed like crazy that she too had done enough to make it.
ANNNNNNDDDD.......THEY DID!!! Laiklie qualified for All-American in TWO events, her long duets (both with Oakley and Ellie) and her Line solo. Oakley qualified for the All-Star All-American (the higher level!) in FIVE events! Freestyle, Short duet, Long duet, Line and show solo (plus when they posted it a week later online it said Traditional solo too which means 6 events!)
These girls deserve these awards! They work so hard over the year and should be recognized as some of the best of the best. I am so proud of the hard work and dedication they put into dancing.





No comments:
Post a Comment