This was my last year volunteering as a co-director of the Drama Club at our elementary. I no longer have a kid at the elementary, but my best friend Hollie (and the actual director!) does so I agreed to help her just one more year. It is SOOO MUCH WORK! Trying to get 80+ kids to learn 14 scenes and all the songs of a play with scene changes and costume changes and props/lights, etc. since I'm the backstage lady is EXHAUSTING to say the least. We do drama club every Wednesday after school and I always come home with no voice after trying to talk over 80 other voices, BUT.....it always turns out absolutely incredible and I always cry when I watch in amazement as it all comes together. These kids are so incredibly talented! The thing I love most about drama club is that so many would have never known they could sing, dance and act if they hadn't been given this chance. Our school has a lot of families who can't afford to put their children into "lessons" of any sort and this gives them the free opportunity to do so. AND.....we make is so much fun! We took them on 3 field trips this year. One to the new Frozen II movie that just barely came out! So much fun! It was another great year of being a part of something so much bigger than just little Natalie Hawkins. After 5 years and 5 shows and hundreds of kids coming through the program, this part of my life will be greatly missed.
Jenny's 90 Minute Rolls
11 months ago






No comments:
Post a Comment