Friday, November 13, 2020

Another Ankle Injury

The night of the 4th of July we heard Oakley come in late and climb on the treadmill. She has a hard time sleeping sometimes and that's her way of wearing herself out. She had only been on it for a few mins when we heard a huge thunk! I asked Ryan if he thought she fell off the treadmill and if we should be worried. We both agreed that it didn't sound good. So I ran downstairs to check. By the time I got down there she was back on her feet running again. I asked if she had fallen off and she "laughing" told me she had. She climbed off and explained to me that she was running when she got a text so she picked up her phone to see who it was. While she was distracted by her phone her foot hit only 1/2 the track and it flipped her off and flung her into the wall just like Ryan and I suspected. She showed me a burn on her ankle, but otherwise thought she was fine. The next morning her ankle was painful, swollen and bruised. After 10 days of swelling and bruising we decided we better get an x-ray. Luckily it wasn't broken, just badly sprained. It took ALL SUMMER LONG to heal. 




 

No comments: