After a few days of crazy wedding dress shopping and 4 different dress shops we finally found a winner! Oakley put this dress on and immediately fell in love! They had her walk up to the front of the store to see it in the natural light and I couldn't believe how hard I had to bite my lip (under my mask) to keep the tears back. She is absolutely gorgeous and makes the most beautiful bride!
One quick story that I don't want to forget so it has to go on the blog. We were trying to figure all the wedding plans out and one of the things we went back and forth on several times was a photographer/vidoegrapher. We found a husband/wife team we loved and it was actually someone we knew from our ward so we were excited about that. We still were hesitant because of the cost though. We finally decided to go with a different photographer and videographer though knowing it would save us $1300. When Oakley tried on and fell in love with this dress I had no idea how much it cost. She was changing into her clothes when the consultant and I walked up to the register. The consultant asked me if I wanted to pay for the dress in full or on payments. I asked her how much the dress was. She responded with $1300. I immediately was again chocking back the tears. Heavenly Father is in the details of our lives. He knew that we were trying to do this wedding on a budget and it was not a coincidence that the money we saved by going with a different photographer/videographer was the exact amount we would need for the dress. I'm so grateful he is fully aware of us and our needs.





No comments:
Post a Comment